tirsdag 7. september 2010

Pilot- check!!

YEAH! The pilot has been conducted and my questionnaire is ready for use! I met Baba this morning to go to the rural health facility, and I was so happy when I saw him that I gave him a hug! (I don't think it is a good idea to hug a muslim (married) man- at least not at the open street..) But he accepted my hug and off we went!

Baba and one of the patient participants. The women here are eager to be interviewed, they waited up to three hours in line.. Some volunteered to participate even though they were not asked. I am humble to their effort, they are poor women that need to work to get food on their table and several of them have many kids  waiting for them at home. I don't feel like I have much too give them back..

The walls at the health centers I have visited are full of these paintings. Some of them are very illustrative, so illiterate people can understand the message. The whole country is decorated with posters with statements like: "Equal access to education", "The president does not tolerate any use of drugs", "plant a tree for every child that goes to school.." With "the secret-mentality", this country will be a paradise in a little while!

1 kommentar:

  1. Jeg skreiv en lang kommentar i sta , men den bare forsvant sammen med en feilkode da jeg skulle legge den inn. Mystisk... Så nå blir det kortvarianten .

    Godt å høre at du er vel igang med oppgaven! :-) Blei rørt jeg, over hvor ivrige de kvinnene var etter å hjelpe deg. Tenker de synes det er veldig spennende.

    Er jaffal gøy å følge med på bloggen din!
    Jeg er stadig like imponert over alt du tør å kaste deg ut i! :-D

    Klem fra Marthe.

    SvarSlett